Monday, April 23, 2012

Thank You Graniterock!

'Tripple Vision'
Oil on Board
8 x 8

As my show at Graniterock Design Center draws to close, I have been focusing on still life paintings. But before I go into that, I must thank the Wonderful people at Graniterock who have been so gracious and helpful throughout the 4 months my work hung in their gorgeous showroom.

When I initially brought my work in they helped me hang my paintings which included some trips up ladders and moving nails, etc. They hosted a lovely reception with delicious fruit and cheese, and maybe most importantly, they kept an eye on all my babies!

My walls at home have been terribly blah these past months, and I'll be happy to have rich color and texture back in my life. But I will miss having my work on display in such a lovely venue... So a HUGE thank you to the great people at Graniterock - you Rock!  :)

My work will be up through May 4, 2012, so if you haven't had a chance to see my show, you still have about a week and a half to get yourself to the Design Center and soak it all in!

And now a quick note on my granny smith, I placed this apple on a maple table which had 3 recessed lights shining down on it. This lighting created some very interesting shadow shapes that I was able to capture by getting the values and shapes right. Fun stuff!

No comments:

Painting in Big Sur

'Big Sur' Oil on Linen Panel 9 x 12 SOLD